OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik Schools from 2021-22 - education
Uncategorized

OBC reservation to be introduced in Sainik Schools from 2021-22 – education

Defense Secretary Ajay Kumar announced on Friday the introduction of the Other Backward Classes (OBC) reserve in Sainik schools from the year 2021-22.

According to the defense secretary, 27 percent of the seats in Sainik schools will be reserved for other late classes (OBC) from the 2021-22 academic session.

“The OBC reserve will be introduced to Sainik schools from the year 2021-22,” Kumar tweeted, posting images of an October 13 circular that was sent to the principals of all Sainik schools across the country.

According to the circular, the Sainik School Society, which depends on the Ministry of Defense, manages 33 residential schools of this type in the country.

“67 percent of the seats in a Sainik school are reserved for candidates from the state or Union Territory in which the school is located and the remaining 33 percent is reserved for those coming from outside of that state or UT . These two lists will be called List A and List B, “said the circular.

The circular said that within each list, 15 percent of the seats are reserved for scheduled castes, 7.5 percent of seats are for scheduled tribes, and 27 percent are seats for other backward-Capa classes. not creamy OBC-NCL.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *