Representative image
Uncategorized

Mizoram to shut reopened schools due to rising number of locally transmitted Covid-19 cases – education

The Mizoram government has decided to close all schools that were reopened for students in classes 10 and 12 due to the increasing number of locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and also because some students tested positive for the infection, the minister said on Sunday. of Education, Lalchhandama Ralte. .

The schools, which were reopened for students in the two classes on October 16, in addition to the shelters, will remain closed starting Monday as the state will observe ‘COVID-19 fortnight of non-tolerance,’ he said.

If the pandemic situation improves and the local chain of transmission is broken during the trip, it is likely that schools and shelters will reopen on November 9, the minister said.

Registration for next year’s board exams is in the works and online classes will continue, he said.

The COVID-19 protocol will be strictly followed during travel, according to a notification.

Only 70 percent of government employees will attend the office alternately and young employees in the remaining 30 percent will be deployed for COVID-19 service, it said.

A maximum of 35 people can attend wedding receptions and funerals and 20 people can attend political and social gatherings. The previous limit was 50, the notice said.

According to the new order, gyms and picnic centers will remain closed and sports will be allowed with a maximum of 10 participants for indoor events and 25 for outdoor activities.

Mizoram has reported 2,389 coronavirus cases as of Saturday, of which 195 are active.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *